Introduction to UNIX Shell On Caviness Day 1
From Michael Kyle
…Read more Less…
Day 1 Topics:
- What is the Caviness Cluster and why should you use it:
- What is the Caviness Cluster and who can use it?
- What can I expect to learn from this course?
- Connecting to the Caviness Cluser:
- How to open a terminal?
- How do I connect to a remote computer?
- Navigating the Caviness Filesystem:
- How do I navigate and start interacting with files and directories on Caviness?
- How do I keep track of where I am in the filesystem?
- Writing and reading files:
- How do I create/edit text files?
- How do I move/copy/delete files?