Lifelong Lerner Expert Webinar Series: Fintech – Opportunities and Risks in the Digital Transformation of Financial Services
From Kimberly Ragan
Lifelong Lerner Webinar Series: Fintech – Opportunities and Risks in the Digital Transformation of Financial Services
Financial technology (Fintech) has streamlined operations and enhanced convenience but also disrupted the financial services industry. Banks and other incumbent financial firms are experiencing competitive pressure as start-ups such as Paypal’s Venmo, Square, Ally and Robinhood attract new users to their platforms. Developments in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies are leading to services and investment choices that were unimaginable 5-10 years ago.
Join us for the next Lifelong Lerner Webinar Series on Wednesday, October 27 from noon to 1 p.m. where faculty and alumni from UD and the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics will examine the digitization of financial services and explore the new risks and opportunities for banks, regulators, technology firms and entrepreneurs. The webinar series, hosted by the Lerner College, is free and open to the public but registration is required to attend
UD’s Lerner College and College of Engineering will house high-tech labs and research and teaching facilities in the new FinTech Innovation Hub on UD’s Science Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Campus. The FinTech Innovation Hub represents a public-private partnership between UD, Delaware Technology Park and Discover Bank.
- Dan Curtin ’08, Director, Global Intelligence, Coinbase – B.A. Political Science, Philosophy
- Claire Liu ’12, Senior Manager, Finance Operating Model, PayPal – M.S. Accounting
- Courtney Smith Goodrich ’93, MPA ’95, Chief Operating Officer for Technology, Wells Fargo – B.S. Business Administration, Masters of Public Administration
- Dan Weingarten ’98, Chief Operating Office, T3 Trading Group – B.S. Business Administration
- Bruce Weber, Dean, Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics