Infrastructure Workforce Needs and Issues of Delaware’s Local Governments | June 23, 2020
From Sarah Pragg
As a follow up to the May 2020 survey IPA administered to Delaware city managers, county administrators, and municipal HR leads, this webinar provided city and county representatives with a survey results synopsis, while further discussing some of the important themes identified in analyzing responses. Themes included challenges hiring qualified individuals to perform critical infrastructure jobs, and increased competition with other employers, including the private sector. Jurisdictional trends and information about local, regional, and national strategies used to address some of these challenges were discussed.
· Julia O’Hanlon, Policy Scientist, IPA, University of Delaware
· Troy Mix, Policy Scientist, IPA, University of Delaware
· Philip Barnes, Policy Scientist, IPA, University of Delaware
· Jamie Burk, Assistant Town Manager, Town of Millsboro
· Jamesha Eaddy, Human Resources Administrator, City of Milford
· Devan Hardin, Chief Human Resources Officer, City of Newark
· Trisha Newcomer, Director of Economic Development & Community Relations, City of Seaford.